Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Might buy HP2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm inquiring about instant ink as I'm considering buying a new printer with the instant ink option, but I'd like to ask about it first.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jacklx

Thanks for waiting!

If you buy a new printer that is eligible with HP Instant Ink and enroll for the free printing plan i.e., 15 pages per month- you will receive cartridges as and when the ink levels are low on the printer. Also, you can opt to stay in the free printing plan as long as you wish.

If you'd want to print more than 15 pages, you can always switch plans. Once you upgrade to a paid plan, you cannot again come back to the free printing plan.

Refer to the document FAQ's - HP Instant Ink for additional help.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@jacklx It would remain free as long as you upgrade to the paid version, 

For more details: click here & refer to FIFTEEN (15)-FREE-PAGES-PER-MONTH PROGRAM Under #10 INSTANT INK PROGRAMS.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm very sorry but I'm confused, perhaps it's an age thing (83)

@jacklx It would remain free as long as you upgrade to the paid version, 

I just can't follow this, perhaps if 'as long as' was replaced by 'until' it would be clearer?

The main point of my initial question is that when I studied the 'Terms and Conditions' I noticed that HP reserves the right to make changes as and when they think fit. I cannot help but wonder if HP, once they have seen that I do not do a lot of printing, simply insist I upgrade to a 'paid' version or revert to buying ink as and when necessary.

Perhaps I should abandon the idea of buying a new printer and stick with my old HP Officejet 4620.

HP Recommended

@jacklx If the old printer is working fine, and you print at least 15 pages a month, you can stick to the same plan as it would be available until you upgrade on your own terms,

Although, if you decide to replace the printer with another printer that supports HP Instant Ink, you can transfer the same plan onto the other printer: click here for details.

Keep me posted,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't seem to be getting anywhere here so let's go back to square one, I'll rephrase my question.

I'm considering the purchase of a new HP printer with which I can use the 'Instant Ink' option.

I understand there are three levels of account, one makes the choice dependant on how much prining one does.

The cheapest option is FREE!

To opt for this choice one needs to print fewer than 15 pages per month.

I print far fewer than 15 pages per month so it appears to me I will get my ink replaced FREE for the rest of my life provided I print fewer than 15 pages per month if I choose the FREE option.

This seems to be too good to be true and I'm simply asking if after a certain period of time I HAVE to upgrade to a higher level despite the fact that I will NOT be printing 15, or more pages per month.

My current HP printer does NOT qualify for Instant Ink, like me it is probably too old.

HP Recommended

@jacklx

Thanks for waiting!

If you buy a new printer that is eligible with HP Instant Ink and enroll for the free printing plan i.e., 15 pages per month- you will receive cartridges as and when the ink levels are low on the printer. Also, you can opt to stay in the free printing plan as long as you wish.

If you'd want to print more than 15 pages, you can always switch plans. Once you upgrade to a paid plan, you cannot again come back to the free printing plan.

Refer to the document FAQ's - HP Instant Ink for additional help.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks for clarifying this matter. I will now be ordering a new printer which qualifies for 'Instant Ink'.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.