Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Hp DESKJET 2700e series printer
iOS

Hi, 

I bought & set up my new printer 2 days ago, the box and all says it comes with 6 months of free ink with instant ink, I’ve tried to set up an instant ink account & claim my 6 free months but I’ve been sent around in circles. None of the websites work on IOS without being redirected to the HP smart app & I can’t seem to accomplish anything from the HP smart app  in regards to instant ink because it sends me back to the website for instant ink which redirects me back to the app again ! I just want the 6 months of ink ?! 
thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Spent almost 6 hours on the phone today with HP Smart Support, HP Technical Support for the Deskjet 2700e series, and Instant Ink Support.  We tried a number of times to reboot the computer, the printer, the wi-fi router and the modem, installed and uninstalled, then reinstalled the HP Smart app a number of times, updated the firmware on the printer, and refreshed, refreshed, refreshed.  Only to find out after those 6 hours, that there is a problem with the 2700 series and I believe I was told the 4600 series as well, that they won't complete setup to register for the Instant Ink and the 6 months free ink.  I was told that they are working on a programming patch, but no timeframe for completion yet.  I was also told to call back every month to check as they won't notify by phone or email, even if you have reported the problems,   Also that no matter when I sign up, I will still be eligible for the 6 months free.  I will hold them to it!

HP Recommended

@PVSwartz wrote:

I have the same problem.  Spent almost 6 hours on the phone today with HP Smart Support, HP Technical Support for the Deskjet 2700e series, and Instant Ink Support.  We tried a number of times to reboot the computer, the printer, the wi-fi router and the modem, installed and uninstalled, then reinstalled the HP Smart app a number of times, updated the firmware on the printer, and refreshed, refreshed, refreshed.  Only to find out after those 6 hours, that there is a problem with the 2700 series and I believe I was told the 4600 series as well, that they won't complete setup to register for the Instant Ink and the 6 months free ink.  I was told that they are working on a programming patch, but no timeframe for completion yet.  I was also told to call back every month to check as they won't notify by phone or email, even if you have reported the problems,   Also that no matter when I sign up, I will still be eligible for the 6 months free.  I will hold them to it!

I HATE that this has happened ! I’ve about driven myself insane trying to get it to work. Thank you for your reply & information !!

HP Recommended

@MaddsW @PVSwartz

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’m having the same issue. Can the HP staff state who to contact to get the direct message. Nothings as easy as stated is it 🙈🙈

HP Recommended

This is an update on my HP printer concerns.  I was finally able to complete the registration for HP Instant Ink.  However, I was only offered one month free ink as it had been over a week since I initially set up my printer.  I called HP Instant Ink and agent Tenzin was so helpful.  She got me set up with the 6 months.  I will now contact MaddsW and Sim1H in this forum to let them know how to complete the 6 month free registration.    If anyone who reads this has bought an HP Deskjet 2700 series and had a problem with signing up, call HP Instant Ink Support at https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/v2/terms.   

HP Recommended

I was finally able to complete the registration for HP Instant Ink this morning.  But I was only offered one month free ink.   I called HP Instant Ink Support and was able to get the 6 months.  I had case numbers from July 12 to verify my problems, but referring to this forum may be all the documentation you need.   Check my update on this thread for HP Instant Ink's phone number (the site won't let me post it again), and let them know you want their help completing your registration and you want your 6 months free.  Also let them know it's documented right on this HP forum.  Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.