Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-06-2022 04:49 AM - last edited on 11-06-2022 11:59 AM by RodrigoB
My printer will not connect to hp smart plus. Just keeps coming up with the following error
Ive tried everytjing, uninstalling it re installing it. It just keeps saying finish set up. Spends ages just whirling and then coming up with error code OW_4XX_OWSWS00001 with a message saying unablw to register the printer to your account.
I did have an account for my other printer which is going through cancellation as i thought this may be stopping it. Dont know if this is why.
Ive spent hours on this. All i did was buy a new printer, starting to wish i didnt bother
11-17-2022 02:13 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
I'd like to help!
Try these steps to re-install the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type, and open “Devices and Printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for an HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here. or update drivers, here: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Keep me posted. Happy to help!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee