Tutor
7 6 1 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hp instant ink

Office jet pro 8620

Everytime I print something, I get an error stating that the printer can't connect to HP instant ink. I've had this printer since 2015 it has worked flawlessly for all of these years. Then last month, I started having issues. The printer is connected to WiFi. I can print from my laptop and cell phone. I've tried to rectify the issue by doing the following:

- factory reset

- semi-full reset

- unplugged the printer, removed cartridges, etc

- reset ip and dns

None of the above fixed my issue. I no longer wish to use instant ink and I want the error message to go away. How do I perform a full reset?

5 REPLIES 5
kevin_hakanson Tutor
Tutor
8 7 0 6
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hp instant ink

This might be the same issue I am seeing and posted details in another thread:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Instant-Ink/has-anyone-really-solved-the-quot-connect-printer-to-up...

0 Kudos
whyIsPrintingHa Tutor
Tutor
7 6 1 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hp instant ink

Thanks! I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
whyIsPrintingHa Tutor
Tutor
7 6 1 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hp instant ink

I looked at Kevin_hakanson's post , and it's definitely an issue on HP's side. After trying to enable Web Services, I get an error message that says the printer can't connect to Web Services. Is there a HP rep that can confirm that their software engineers know about this issue? Surely, they're monitoring all of the 5xx error codes being returned.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
21 20 1 8
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hp instant ink

I haven't heard an official acknowledgement from HP, but someone posted their experience in contacting the support team.  Everything they tried did not work.  I also posted my troubleshooting steps here:  Doesn't connect to Web Services to update Instant Ink Status

0 Kudos
whyIsPrintingHa Tutor
Tutor
7 6 1 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hp instant ink

I enabled web services, and it actually worked. It seems that HP has fixed things on their end

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation