Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 5020

Printer: HP ENVY 5020

Hi, I used to be subscribed to a the hp instant ink program and loved it , everything worked as it should do and I always had ink when I need it.

However I cancelled my subscription because I was going abroad. Now that I'm back Im trying to restart my subscription but this is just leaving me frustrated and angry with hp as such a small task is seeming to be very difficult. 

When I log in to my hp smart app on my desktop and follow the steps to restart my instant ink it directs me to the hp website. After logging in on the website (that's if I manage to log in as the website crashes sometimes) I have to re register my printer (because I deleted it as it wasn't allowing me to resubscribe so I thought that by deleting the printer from my account and re-registering it perhaps it would work) but the website is asking me to enter my claim code. The instructions on the hp website tell me I have to print the code from my printer first then enter it on the site. When I try to do so  my printer refuses to and gives me a message saying 'I have to be subscribed to hp instant ink inorder to print'. I managed to dig through the printer settings and found the claim code without printing it however when I enter it on the site it's saying it's incorrect. Also, when I try to click the option on the website 'printer not printing claim code' the site just crashes. So I'm back where I started without a code. 

I've also tried to just start afresh with a new account but before doing so the instant ink subscription site asks me to first enter which printer I have to see if it's compatible for the service and when I do so, my printer is not on the list. This is not possible as it used to be subscribed myself . 

I've also updated my printer's software and computer software but I'm still in the same dilemma. I tried calling hp customer service but after waiting so long on the line the assistant tried helping me but the line got disconnected when he put me on hold. 

Please can I get some help from someone. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.