Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q112 (Touch)

I am upset. I called HP customer support and cancelled my instant Ink subscription  over five days ago. I removed the HP cartridges and bought new cartridges but I still can’t print. I went to the HP website and manually cancelled the instant Ink subscription because it was still showing as active. I work from home, my work is interrupted - all because HP has hijacked my printer and seems to want to keep me enrolled in a subscription service that I do not want. If I had known what a scam the instant ink subscription program is -I never would’ve signed up. I will tell anyone who asks, DON’T SIGN UP, HP CONTROLS YOUR PRINTER.  I refuse to pay another penny to HP and quite frankly, I think this should be reported to the Better Business Bureau. It should not be this hard to disenroll for a service that you don’t want.  At this point I’m ready to throw the printer away and just start over with a different brand.  I have owned several HP computers, laptops and printers, but at this point, I won’t be choosing this brand again.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Speargreen,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

You can cancel enrollment in HP Instant Ink at any time without penalty

HP Instant Ink cartridges do not work after the end of your current billing period, and you are required to return them to HP. To continue printing after your billing cycle ends, make sure you have standard replacement ink cartridges ready to use in your printer. Your service continues until the end of your current billing period.

If there are any charges for additional printing, your credit card will be charged. Depending on when you cancel, the charge might appear the following month.

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I actually paid HP To release me from this instant ink program. I have bought other cartridges and I still cannot print. I am being told that I still need to do something about my HP account. I just want to be free of HP, I am so frustrated I am ready to throw the HP computer and print it out the window. Never Again!

HP Recommended

Please share the requested details in a private message.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.