Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6020 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I live in Australia.  My account has an Australian address.  But when I try to sign up for HP Instant Ink, it takes me to a site with a U.K. address and gives me the prices in British Pounds.

Can I sign up for this service in Australia, and if so, how do I stop it from going to a U.K. site?

Or if I cannot sign up for it in Australia, why does the HP Smart app suggest that I can?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @ZaneStein 

Welcome to HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

I see that you are facing issues enrolling with Instant ink.

Kindly refer to this link to enrol.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I appreciate your providing me with the correct link, however I am still stuck.  I get to a Printer Setup page where I am supposed to print a configuration page, and it will not work.  I hold the information button down for 3 seconds until all the lights light up, then I press the Resume button...and noting happens.  The Resume button goes out, nothing prints. I have tried this several times, tapping the Resume button lightly, pressing it hard, pressing and holding it....nothing works.  So without the Configuration page I cannot continue the process.  

HP Recommended

Hi @ZaneStein 

Request you to update printer firmware. Kindly refer to the steps on this link and let me know if that fixes the issue.

After which you can proceed to enrolling to instant ink.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My printer is up to date.  There are no firmware updates available.

HP Recommended

Hi @ZaneStein 

Press and hold the Wireless button on the back of the printer for five seconds until the Status light flashes (blue or purple depending on the model).

and also uninstall the HP smart app and reinstall it

Let me know how that goes!

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Treeko

HP Support

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.