Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw

Good afternoon,

I bought my HP Color Laser jet Pro MFPM277DW  printer in the UK and  I have since then moved to the US, where I have been trying to use official HP cartridges , which are compatible for my printer, but when I install then I receive an error message stating they are incompatible.

I understand  that my printer is region locked to Europe and will not accept US cartridges, and I would need help resetting the region lock settings so that I can use it here. Could you please help?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @IsaBNY,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw printer will not accept toner cartridges available in the US. 

We may need to reset the printer to its factory settings.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

On Laserjet printers, if you do not have an option through the setup menus, you will need a code from an HP support person. This forum is mostly a end user to end user support group. I have escalated your post to the moderators, who might be able to get you assistance. In the mean time you may want to open a case at support.hp.com.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi @IsaBNY,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I see that your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw printer will not accept toner cartridges available in the US. 

We may need to reset the printer to its factory settings.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead! 

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Many thanks!!

HP Recommended

You are welcome @IsaBNY,

Do keep us posted if you need help in the future and we will always be there to help you.

Take care and have a good day!

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Stop using HP products and buy another brand. HP is programming their printer so that people will have to pay for things over and over. This is only the start of HP BULL and it is getting worse every month. I just posted this >

>

JamesMcFarlane_0-1680696499672.png

No one from HP even cares because I have been trying to contact them for a long time and they have made sure that customers never get to talk to someone at HP without having to PAY money for the privilege of getting a problem with the product from HP that they invested in. Get out while you can or it's going to cost you more and more every time you have a problem with HP products.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.