Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

My own cartridges are not working and I am no longer on HP ink subscription and the cartridges I was using were fine untill i moved my printer and had to rest it

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Shammim

Welcome to the HP support community.

Provide the printer model number or the product number for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

Are you getting any error messages?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Product Name: Envy 4520 Series Product Number: J6U61B Serial Number: TH85B5M1RP0660 Error Message: X HP Instant Ink Cartridge Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant Ink
HP Recommended

Product Name: Envy 4520 Series Product Number: J6U61B Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed] Error Message: X HP Instant Ink Cartridge Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant Ink

HP Recommended

@Shammim

Follow these steps to fix the issue:- 

Reset the printer

• Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
  • If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the power source.
  • Wait 60 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
  • NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer to complete the reset.

Clean the ink cartridge and carriage electrical contacts

• Remove any debris or buildup from the contacts on the cartridges and in the carriage.
  • Open the door or lid to the cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage stops moving before continuing.
  • Remove the cartridge indicated in the error message from the carriage.
  • Carriages with cartridge latches: Open the latch, and then pull the cartridge up and out of the slot.
  • Removing the ink cartridges with latches from the carriage
  • Carriages without cartridge latches: Gently press down on the cartridge to release it, and then pull it out of the slot.
  • Removing the ink cartridges from the carriage
  • Holding the cartridge by the sides, remove any protective tape that still might be on the contacts.
  • CAUTION: Do not touch the ink nozzles or the copper-colored electrical strip. Touching or trying to remove these parts can result in clogs, ink failure, and bad electrical connections.
  • Removing tape from the ink cartridge
  • Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then wipe the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
  • Cleaning the ink cartridge contacts
  • Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth or swab with distilled water, and then clean the electrical contacts in the carriage.
  • Cleaning the contacts in the carriage
  • Wait 10 minutes for the contacts to dry, and then reinsert the cartridge into its color-coded slot.
  • Repeat these steps for the other cartridge if it was indicated in the error message.
  • Close the door or lid to the cartridge access area.

Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That error could be related to your payment method and your credit card information needs to be updated, or your printer has not been connected to the Internet for a while and the service has been unable to monitor prints and ink levels.

Regards,

Will

HP Recommended

Thankyou Will

Unfortunately its not that.

I removed myself from the cartridges service all confirmed and I was using my own cartridges, but when I plugged the printer to a different socket in my living room it suddenly started doing this

HP Recommended

@Shammim

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I haven't received any direct messages as of yet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.