Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-03-2022 01:01 AM - last edited on 12-03-2022 12:37 PM by Ric_ob
i HAVE A HP OFFICEJET PRO 8620 THAT IS GIVING ME ISSUES. IT WON'T CONNECT TO INTERNET PROPERLY. I WILL PUT IN MY INFO TO CONNECT TO HOME WIFI AND IT SAYS CONNECTED BUT THEN IT SAYS "CANNOT PRINT. CONNECT PRINTER TO UPDATE HP INSTANT INK STATUS." I HAVE USED THE HP SMART APP AND HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR WITHOUT ANY RESOLUTION. I HAVE EVEN REPLACED THE INK CARTRIDGES. I DON'T UNE HP INSTANT INK SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT. THE VIRTUAL ASSISTANT HAS BEEN NO HELP EITHER.
12-07-2022 04:49 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.
How is the printer connected?
Meanwhile, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Turn On Web Services
- Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.
- NOTE: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.
- If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
- On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
- If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
- If a summary screen displays, Web Services is already on.
- If a prompt to turn on Web Services or set up HP ePrint displays, follow the prompts to turn it on or set it up.
- If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.
Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee