Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I am having all of the same issues with my OfficeJet 4655. I noticed the black ink was not printing properly, but ink levels were sufficient. I followed all of the recommended steps and eventually replaced the cartridge. When I replaced the cartridge,  I get the incompatibility error. I have always used HP 63 ink which is what is recommended for my printer. 

My printer is a few years old and out of warranty. I have tried to contact support with no success. Any assistance is much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi I am new to this community too. I bought HP deskjet ink Advantage 4535 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and I am using 652 ink cartridge. Now, when i move to Philippines, the cartridge available in here is 680. Please tel me what to do. Thank you

HP Recommended

Step 3 worked with my Photosmart D110. Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Without knowing the issue of incompatible cartridges, I simply threw out one. Thinking it was faulty, we tried a second cartridge which seem to work but after two days reported incompatibility issues. I’ve tried all the fixes suggested but nothing works. I’ve simply put a 3rd cartridge in and low and behold it is now working. With lockdown in place we go through cartridges every few days so we will be able to tell if the issue reoccurs. Does faulty batches exist in this industry? The two faulty ones came from one supermarket and this 3rd one comes from another. It’s worth mentioning that they are all Hp branded items. We have kept the second cartridge as we only printed a few pages from it, are there any other suggestions as I don’t want to dispose of another potentially usable cartridge. Any comments, tips are most welcome

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.