Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-27-2022 05:52 AM - last edited on 11-27-2022 10:00 AM by MayS
I'm not able to print because: "The cartridge does not communicate well with the printer". It's the black cartridge that does not work probally.
I have tried resetting the printer to no effect. I have an instant Ink Supscription, and would like to know how to handle this issue.
11-30-2022 07:24 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an ink cartridge issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Was there any recent update on the printer prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Inkjet printers - Ink cartridge errors
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
01-22-2023 06:34 AM
I finally got a chance to follow up on your suggestions and recommendations. Unfortunately the issue persist after purging the power from the printer.
The printer already runs the latest firmware.
The cartridge is new - from HP instant ink - so clogging shouldn't be an issue. Also, the the internal parts connecting the cartridges are very clean.
There was no recent update to the printer when the issue began.
Thank you for you continued support.
All the best - Adam