Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
Other

I am continually receiving an error message about my ink cartridges. My printer keeps asking me to remove and reinstall them. I have tried the steps suggested such as cleaning them and reinstalling but still have this error message. I am not getting anywhere with HP support at the moment and feel frustrated that I am still on their billing plan yet receive little help. Has anybody got any suggestions before I go out and buy new cartridges?

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem as the previous respondent I get a message to reinstall the colour cartridge unfortunately  the printer will still not print. I have tried absolutely every suggestion offered by HP Support and none work bar one,on this basis I assume that the cartridge must to faulty ? Below are the previous respondents coments;

"I am continually receiving an error message about my ink cartridges. My printer keeps asking me to remove and reinstall them. I have tried the steps suggested such as cleaning them and reinstalling but still have this error message. I am not getting anywhere with HP support at the moment and feel frustrated that I am still on their billing plan yet receive little help. Has anybody got any suggestions before I go out and buy new cartridges?"

HP Recommended

I have the same fault on my HP 2622 printer, which is just out of guaranrtee period.  The printer continually indicates a fault with the colour cartridge and I have followed HP on line page advice on cleaning etc. but with no positive result.  Its interesting what you say about HP "support", I am also on their BRILLIANT Plan.  You like me have obviously tried getting support without any result, why does that not surprise me?

Please let me know if you have corrected the problem by installing new cartridges which you have purchased?

Thanks & good luck with your request for support but do not expect any result from HP in this millenium!

John

HP Recommended

I Have the same problem having just installed brand new cartridges from HP.  Can't actually get to a person to resolve the cartridge problem

HP Recommended

Further to my previous message I had omitted to say that the faulty colour cartridge was installed and no more than 5 pages had been printed, with minimal colour before the fault occured preventing any further prints.  Consequentially as stated I had cleaned and reinstalled the cartridges without result.  Does anyone have know how to report this fault so that another colour cartridge can be obtained?  The HP online advice never gives you the option to report a fault but sends you on an endless loop of advice which gets you nowhere

HP Recommended

I found this

HP.png

HP Recommended

I have just bought two new smaller cartridges for my printer and so far so good. It's just annoying that I have two cartridges practically full that I cannot use. If this happens again i daresay i shall cancel my instant ink plan.

HP Recommended

Following a WhatsApp exchange with Sebastian, from Printer team at HP Social Media Support, I am to receive a new tri-colour cartridge via express delivery.

HP Recommended

Thanks ,Johnny apologies for the slow response  and any confusion  I generated, I haven't yet ordered any cartridges  after trying every suggestion proferred by HP, several times, I decided that it had to be a faulty cartridge that was causing the problem .I actually took a cartridge out my wife's HP printer to try it and everything seemed okay until a message came up saying you can't use this cartridge into your machine as it has been used in another printer, my wife has her own HP ink plan.

Anyway, my next move was to try and contact HP and ask for a replace tricolour cartridge, that's if I can find out how and who to track down.

Cheers Powepet

HP Recommended

Hi Dhelliwe, I've just come across your post, well done you.

Cheers Pete

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.