Level 5
160 158 0 94
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Instant Ink Displaying "Not Connected."

Office Jet 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have never had this issue until today. My printer is telling me it is not connected to the internet. It is connected. (blue light is on). Therefore, Instant Ink cannot contact my printer. Here is what I have done already:

1.  I reset the wireless connection by running the wireless wizard.

2. I have restarted the printer.

3. I can print to the printer wirelessly. 

4. I verified that my printer is listed on my network, and I have tested the IP address in a browser. Printer page comes up. Summary from that page below. 

5. I have verified that my date and time are correct. 

6. I have read and checked other solutions offered elsewhere on this forum. 

Wireless (802.11)

Host Name: HP4C7C26

IP Address: 10.x.x.xxx [masked on purpose]

Hardware (MAC) Address: 6CC21753A94A

SSID: xxxxxx [masked on purpose]

Summary: the printer is connected to the internet as proven above. It will not connect to HP Instant Ink, regardless of the steps I take. Ideas?

Thanks,

W. Hill

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,592 5,577 411 449
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@re4med, Welcome to HP Support Community!

On the Instant Ink account page, is it showing the current account number?

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,592 5,577 411 449
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@re4med

What is your Instant Ink account number or the email address that you use to log in to your account?

As our conversation is private, and I will be viewing your account details, I'd like you to be aware of HP’s Privacy Policy: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Mrcham
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Re4med, I had the same problem today and never had it before.

Spoke to Customer Services and this is what we did:

Go to Settings - Web Services and remove them.

Go to web settings again and add them and follow the instructions.

When all looks finished you should get an email saying Congratulations Your printer is now web-connected etc.....

It will also give you a claim code.

Now go to your instant ink account where you will have a notification saying you need to enable instant ink - follow the instructions and use the code printed by your printer and all will be reset.

Customer Support were very helpful, although the first one hadn't come across the problem, he found someone who had.

They didn't charge even though my support is now 2 years out of date. I will give them 5* for solving my problem,

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation