Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Can anyone help/tell me what the cut-off point is before HP will send me out a new cartridge - is it with x amount of pages left, or simply when the ink is considered to be "low" ?? My black ink was showing as low, but when I checked my account, the ink cartridge had not automatically been sent, so have manually requested this to be sent out and was told it could take anything up to 10 working days.  However, the ink I have now is very faint and I have done all the aligners/cleaning etc. through the HP smart mobile phone app and on the computer, but it is still no better. 

The whole idea of this Instant Ink scheme was "never run out of ink" but I am in situation where I cannot print anything in any decent quality and will have to wait up to 2 weeks until I get a new cartridge, so if I need to print anything urgently I am not able to do this - so  I am not getting what I am paying for! 

I would have thought that once it was "low" that would be an indication that a new cartridge was needed, but this is not happened for the last 2 years I have had this printer, and have had to manually request a new cartridge every time. 

Anyone else been in this situation or give me a solution of how I can avoid this in the future?

Many thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@powellp4, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you did not receive the replacement ink cartridge for your printer. HP Instant Ink Cartridges will be shipped to you when the cartridge is low on ink. The printer has to be connected to the network for the Instant Ink Service to check the ink levels on the printer.

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've had exactly the same issue. My printer is frequently on and connected and yet it's only now that I've run out of ink, and logged in to my HP account to find out what is going on, that I have an 'ink is on its way' message with today's date. My last delivery was June! I'll have to wait 10 days to print out the return label for something I need to send back...which is too late, which rather defeats the object.

HP Recommended

@HxF, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.