Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Pro 6455 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I've had my Envy Pro 6455 (All-In-One) printer since 2020. It's enrolled in the Instant Ink through HP. I'm having an issue with print quality. HP Smart says my ink levels are nearly full, I've cleaned the cartridges individually per online HP instructions, taken then out and reloaded them, done all the test printing, went through the print quality suggestions and cleanings twice. I cannot get my print quality to what it was. It looks like it's my black ink specifically. I cannot figure out how to order a new cartridge. I've gone through so many links on hp.com and through the Instant Ink itself. Everything I'm seeing only has tracking orders, order history, and recycling options, but nothing to order new ink. My current cartridges are 67/305. These were the last ones I received via Instant Ink. I cannot find them in the stores or online. Amazon had a 67 black ink cartridge that said it was compatible with the Envy Pro 6400 Series (I'm assuming the 6455 is included in that?). However, when I tried to install it, I got the error message that it wasn't the correct cartridge. I'm at a loss here. I can't figure out how to email HP support, I don't have time to spend on the Support Line, and at this point, I don't know what else to do. I'm trying to replace the black ink but I honestly don't even know if that will fix the printing quality problem I'm having. Help! Does anyone have suggestions on where to get my ink cartridges (and apparently which ones) or how to get ahold of support other than a 1-800 number? Or even something else to try to fix my printer? I've never had an issue with it up until now.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

As far as I can tell, it’s all up to them to decide if and when their ink is to be shipped.There has never been an option to request/order ink yourself. I agree with you about the poor ink quality that HP sends out to us. I can no longer print photos anymore with their xl cartridges,,when I first signed up a few years, my photos printed out beautifully. Even when I changed the print quality on my printer to “best /finer” quality for printing photos,,it didn’t make a difference. 

Also, as long as you’re signed up with the HP ink program,you can’t use store bought ink cartridges,,even if they’re HP ,,I already tried that. You can only use the ink that they send you because of the chips on the cartridges count how many pages that you print.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.