Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2700e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to sign up for HP Instant Ink. Quite simply I am stuck in an infinite loop which does not include purchasing ink. I go to the website for instant ink and I click "sign up". It redirects me to a page that asks me to search for my printer (HP Deskjet 2700e). I search for it, and I am redirected again to a site which tells me to download the app and tap the instant ink tile. However when I do that I am simply redirected to the first page with the words "sign up". I think the issue might stem from the fact that my printer isn't fully set up. I click on "Finish set up" but both on the desktop version and the app on my phone end up getting errors. The desktop version just loads infinitely (upwards of 75 minutes) and my phone tells me that it cannot connect to the printer. This is odd because I have printed things from both my laptop and my phone already. It has occurred to me that this may be happening because of the fact that I do not have internet in the traditional sense with a router etc. I have an ethernet cable which provides internet to my laptop and I use my laptop to create a mobile hotspot. To this mobile hotspot I connect both my phone and my printer. Perhaps I am running into these connection issues because of this, although I don't see why it would be an issue. 

I also noticed a few other bugs which are worth mentioning to whoever is in charge of taking care of errors:
1. The chatbot can get stuck in an infinite loop. I attempted to speak with it and ask how to install my setup ink cartridges. I got to "Are you ready to begin?" to which I responded "Yes" by clicking on the prompt. It then asked me again "Are you ready to begin?" to which I again responded "Yes". This happened maybe 10-12 times before I gave up. 
2. I have an HP Smart account. I live in Germany, but I prefer the English language for technical things. I am more comfortable with it as it is my native tongue. When I attempt to change the language setting on my HP Smart account to English from the United States of America, the language remains German even when I click on "save my changes" (actually the German equivalent of this phrase). 

The primary issue is the Instant Ink. I would really appreciate help setting this up. 
Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @TeghBala,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to sign up to instant ink.

The setup you have will might be the issue, as the hotspot might create a differnet IP and hence establishing a connection is an issue.

I recommend you connect the printer and laptop to wireless network.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'd just like to follow this post with the statements:

1. I am almost out of ink.

2. I am interested in giving HP my money and being a customer. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @TeghBala,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to sign up to instant ink.

The setup you have will might be the issue, as the hotspot might create a differnet IP and hence establishing a connection is an issue.

I recommend you connect the printer and laptop to wireless network.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Yeah I figured that would be the issue. I do not have a wireless network to connect them to, and I'm not about to go out and buy a router for just this one thing. 

Thank you. 

HP Recommended

I respect your decision.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day ahead!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.