Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-08-2022 11:52 AM
I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 bought in 2018 and everything was fine until 2 weeks ago. Suddenly scan from the printer to the computer (using the printer panel) stopped working, Instant Ink isn't able to connect to the printer, count the number of pages printed and update the ink levels.
The printer is connected to the internet since document printing works fine.
My OS is MacOS Ventura 13.0.1.
Thanks in advance for your help.
12-13-2022 05:38 AM - edited 12-13-2022 05:38 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I'd like to help!
Restart the computer, printer, and router
- To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.
- NOTE: The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.
- Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
- Turn off the printer.
- Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
- If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Let's disable webservices and re-enable it
- Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
- Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
- click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Update the printer firmware
- HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.
- Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
I hope this helps!
Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee