Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3730

Hi,

I've recently been emailed (like a few other members on the forums it seems) about the free plan coming to an end. I cannot find any confirmation of this in the news or on the HP site and in fact the website still shows that the plan is 'free for the life of  your printer'.  I've tried speaking with support about this who were, without being disrespectful, absolutely awful. I could get no clear answer other than 'you will be moved to paid plan'. 

Please, can someone from HP clarify if the free plan is being ended. If so, why are you still advertising the free plan as valid 'for the life of your printer'? 

Kind regards,

Stuart

61 REPLIES 61
HP Recommended

Am in the same boat as you. Got the email today out of the blue. Free for life should me for life. By the plan ending are HP saying its the end of the life of my printer aswell!!! The decision should be cancelled.

HP Recommended

Hello I’m also one of those who got this horrible mail.

for me the free plan was perfect, or is, because I don’t use a printer so often. I think it’s ugly of HP to all of a sudden force us to pay, for something that is said to be free. Actually I talked with their support chat last year about it, if I would have the free pages forever. They said yes! And what is this now? Someone on HP should step forward and answer us all what is going on?

do I have to trash the printer? That’s just not right.

I’ve only had the printer for 2 years. Thanks!

HP Recommended

I got the very same email at the weekend  and I see they are still advertising free printing for life.....clearly life means a year or so 🤔

I'm happy with the free plan cos I don't print a great deal. Why would I want to pay £0.99 a month for what I'm getting for nowt now, even if on that same plan I can carry over the unused pages.

It is shocking, and I'm now looking at alternative options to HP ink. 

HP Recommended

Received same email just now. From december 21st. 0,99€ for 1 month for 15 pages....

I've just bought and envy 5032 and I was enjoying the free pages since I don't print that much....

If I have to pay 12€/year I can just buy a black cartridge so that I can do what I want...

HP Recommended

@SG84, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Yes, you are right. The 15-page free plan will no longer be available depending on your region. Kindly contact the HP Instant Ink team for more info on the changes and price for this plan. The contact information for the team can be found on the home page of Instant Ink. Click here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't see how that helps anyone?

I am disgusted by this change.  I've only had the printer a few months, purchased because of the free plan for the life of the printer.  Unless this is reinstated I won't be buying HP again in the future.

HP Recommended

Same here I won’t be buying HP anymore.

can’t recommend them either. I thought it was perfect with the free plan since i don’t print very often from home. Well, I already canceled my subscription and I will be looking for another printer. (Not HP) 

HP Recommended

Same here, very disappointing.

I realise the T&Cs say they can change the plans at any time. But HP, do you not realise that many of us chose the printer and ink based on a low-usage with free ink? You will antagonize, and ultimately lose your customers if you go ahead with thos decision.

HP Recommended

I would like to add that is extremely dishonest of HP to continue to advertise the 15 page free printing plan now (I'vejust checked on the website), if it knows it is going to withdraw it in December. Seems like false advertising to me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.