Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

@Yellowal

I understand. However, I do not have any other info/options to provide you. You will have to contact the Instant Ink team as mentioned in my previous post.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this is also written on the website

Print free for life: The free printing plan allows you to print 15 pages per month at no cost (paper not included) for the life of your printer. Additional pages are excluded and will be charged to customer payment method at the end of the month at a rate of $1 per each additional set of 10 pages (Customer to be charged $1 for each set even if customer doesn’t use entire set). HP reserves the right to modify or cancel the free printing plan anytime on 60 days’ notice.

So they are in the time span of their right to modify the free plan.... The point is that it contradicts the for "the life of your printer".

I would accept if this get changed for new clients. But not for old ones that have already taken part of the free plan.

HP Recommended

I’ve just received this email they are “upgrading” me to  the paid plan as well. The printer is going straight into the trashcan on December 23rd, and I’m never ever buying any HP related products ever again. Thievery, what a scam.

edit: I’m sending their email to several tech websites to warn others about this scam. If you read this and received a similar “upgrade” email please help in providing them some “free publicity” in return

HP Recommended

Absolutely annoyed about this and won't buy an HP printer again. I print maybe 30 pages a year at most, so this plan was literally why I bought the printer. I know there's fine print to everything and "for life" is never actually for life, but I'll be dumping my HP printer just on principle after this. The tone of the email and how the "upgrade" is being automatically applied is just adding insult to injury. 

HP Recommended

I agree @Ichisuke - but it doesn't say that on the UK site!

Still, it's now 59 days till 22nd December (so less than the 60 to give notice) and they're still advertising the free plan. I've sent a complaint to the advertising standards agency. Will also contact the instant ink team of course.

HP Recommended

I see that on both uk and us website.

Uk site https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/l/ 

scroll at the end of the page.

Anyway I've received the mail December 22 and they clearly say December 21st for changing the plan so it's exactly 60 days. Don't know if they made that on purpose to troll us or what....

They could at least keep the free plan really free for those clients that have already signed up...

HP Recommended

Sorry, you're right, it does say that! Will include that in my complaint.

Anyone in the UK, I'd encourage you to complain to the advertising standards agency, it's a very easy quick online form: https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html

HP Recommended

Same for the Netherlands. Still advertising a free plan while it’s a less than 60 day period in the contract. I’m filing an official complaint to the Reclame Code Commissie:

https://www.reclamecode.nl/klacht-indienen/

HP Recommended

It's sad to see there are so many others being misled on this. I'd hoped it was a miscommunication but it looks more like a bait-and-switch - especially seeing as the plan clearly isn't ending because they're advertising it very clearly on the website. Yes there is a throwaway clause about reserving the right to change the plan, but that's not on an individual basis. If the plan is cancelled, they need to stop marketing their printers with 'free for life' claims and take it off of their website immediately. 

Reporting this to the ASA is a great recommendation, just filed a complaint and it was indeed very quick and easy. The more reports the better. I'll post a link to this thread on a few other sites too as it's very unethical for HP to do be behaving like this. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Yellowal

Felt cheated when I received the email. Its not about £1 a month but a marketing malpractice. Have submitted a complaint on the ASA now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.