Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I purchased my HP Envy 5000 series on 06/07/2020 and set it up on the 09/07/2020. I printed a couple of pages that day and it showed up straight away on my account page. I had to turn my printer off (electrical work being carried out) and when I plugged it back in on the 11/07/2020 (left it longer as I didn't need it so didn't see the need to plug it back in straight away) when the printer turned on it stated that I was no longer enrolled on the instant ink programme. I have checked my account online and it still states that my printer is online and I am enrolled on the programme and states a billing date. I do turn off and unplug my printer regularly when I am away from home for long periods (which is quite often), if turning off the printer regularly excludes you from the instant ink programme it really should be stated somewhere I can't be the only person that unplugs their printer regularly, surely as long as it is connected to the WiFi then it should still be able to count the pages being printed. This is my first HP printer, I have always had Epson before with no issues and right now I really regret buying a HP printer.

I am really apprehensive about the programme I have signed up with after reading everyone's issues with HP instant Ink. Can someone please advise me on how to deal with this issue as I don't want to be charged for something that I won't receive and also don't want to pay extra for going over my page allowance because the print count is not working.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Kirsty86

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.