Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

I've just bought a 2nd hand Officejet Pro 8022e.It's a lovely printer and works well giving very clear photos. It is using instant ink cartridges which are nearly empty. Must I enrol for instant ink or can I buy standard  cartridges at an HP stockist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @oilyfinger,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

You can purchase regular cartridges to use on the printer.

Instant ink service is optional.

To know more about the service -https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/v2

Hope this helps, keep me posted

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @oilyfinger,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I'd like to help!

You can purchase regular cartridges to use on the printer.

Instant ink service is optional.

To know more about the service -https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/v2

Hope this helps, keep me posted

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I know the use of instant ink is not compulsory. Now the printer has stopped booting up. How do I remove the instant ink cartridges?

HP Recommended

I understand the printer screen is stuck on initialization screen - 

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Also, try updating the printer's firmware -HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the error persists,

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

Registering for instant ink is tempting, with a set of HP cartridges costing over £70 instant ink at 99p a month looks much more reasonable But unable to boot up I can't access the printers instant ink code.

HP Recommended

Hi Jay Thanks for your input. Putting regular HP cartridges in sorted the problem. Although it wasn't easy, needing to loosen the screws holding the deck so as the instant cartridges could be removed and the HP ones inserted. That done the printer booted up fine carrying out a prolonged printer maintenance ,before printing normally.

Why is it so difficult to revert to normal cartridges once instant ink stops functioning?

HP Recommended

@oilyfinger

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Once the instant ink account is unsubscribed, you will have to use the regular cartridge to use the printer.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.