Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5030 All-in-One Printer

After having problems printing from some devices I did a factory reset on my printer. 

Since then I am unable to reconnect my printer to the instant ink service. 

I have an instant ink account, that is in credit. Now I am currently paying for a service that I am unable to access. 

My printer shows as online on the HPconnected website, but isn't syncing. In the EWS, HP instant ink shows as disabled. My printer is currently displaying the message "Cartridges cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant ink". So it won't allow me to print anything. 

I ALREADY contacted several times the HP services. I open 4 tickets, tickets have been closed by HP without solution.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @gabriele722,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're facing a complex issue with the HP Instant Ink service after factory resetting your printer. Based on the details you've provided, here are a few steps you might consider to potentially resolve this issue:

Re-enable HP Instant Ink in the EWS: Since HP Instant Ink appears as disabled in the Embedded Web Server (EWS), navigate to the EWS by typing your printer's IP address into a web browser. Once in, look for the HP Instant Ink settings under the "Services" or similar section and try to re-enable it. Sometimes settings can be toggled off following a factory reset.

Ensure Correct Sign-In Credentials: Double-check that you are using the correct HP account credentials associated with your Instant Ink subscription. It’s easy to mix up account information, especially if you manage multiple accounts or have changed your password recently.

Manual Re-enrollment: Even though your printer appears online, it might not be communicating correctly with the Instant Ink service. Try manually re-enrolling your printer into the Instant Ink program. You can usually find this option in the EWS or on the HP Instant Ink website under your account settings.

Update Firmware: Check if there is a firmware update available for your printer. Updates can fix bugs and improve compatibility with services like Instant Ink. This can usually be done through the EWS or the official HP Support website.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

We (me with HP service) have alredy done What you suggested. After 5 tickets closed without a solution I threw the printer in the garbage! 

Thank you HP for environmental protection. I've just put in the garbage something still working but it seems no longer compatible with the service that I paid!

HP Recommended

Hi @gabriele722 ,

We are sorry that the issue is not resolved when the above troubleshooting steps were performed.  We do not intend to let you down. I request you to connect with the instant ink team.

This might require one-on-one interaction

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.