cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
speedy208
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Instant ink - Proposition

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 9016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

After bought my new OjP last March (2020) I registered for the new instant ink. My printer was replaced twice since, in other words: I am working now with my third 9016! Unfortunately the received cardridges for the former printers (the same model!) cannot be replaced or transferred to the actual one. That's contradictory to HP's slogan about sustainability. So there were about half a dozen (!) cardridges left in my cupboard!

Why couldnt the engineers or the managers observe their slogan by a simple changing, i.e. instead of throwing away used cardridges (only accepted for the first printer inserted them in), a simple processus with 3 clicks or so can solve the problem. Everybody using a HP device is registered or should be and has an account of his/her own. Why not then, on inserting the cardridges to an actual or another model, logging in and scan or type the code (QR-code or similar)? The processus could be saved through typing its  model in the account. Ok, there could be unhonest people thinking of selling the cardridges left, but...

I am a little disappointed about such a "throw-away-mentality"!

Regards

Dry 

3 REPLIES 3
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,556
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@speedy208, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand your concern, but the printer will always come with setup ink that is used for the initial setup and the once used setup ink cannot be reused.

However, you can request for a prepaid envelope from HP and send it for recycling. Here is how you do it-

Postage-paid cartridge recycling envelopes are included with most HP Instant Ink shipments*. To maximize environmental benefits, wait until you have three to eight empty cartridges, fill the envelope, and then send them back together.

If you do not have a postage-paid recycling envelope, either wait for the next ink shipment or order an extra envelope from your Instant Ink account page.

*Cartridge recycling is not available in Italy or Portugal. Follow local regulations to dispose of cartridges responsibly.

NOTE: 

If you have standard, non-HP Instant Ink cartridges you want to recycle, go to Product return and recycling (in English).

1. Sign in to hpinstantink.com/signin.

Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.

2. On your HP Instant Ink account page, click Order a Cartridge Recycling Envelope in the Help Center area.

Clicking Order a cartridge recycling envelope in the Help Center

3. Review your order, and then click Submit.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
speedy208
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there.

No, that's not what I meant! I wanted only to place my proposition as a hint for future modifications about instant ink.

I am concerned about our environment and an ecological use of! I know where to place my used cardridges, but I don't agree with the system of wasting material at all!

My proposal could be modified, but there should be really a more convenient, saying environmental-friedly, solution out there. So far I don't feel very comfortable in using instant ink. Even though the sold cardridges are more expensive, I feel much better with its sustainability.  

0 Kudos
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,556
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@speedy208

That's very kind of you 🙂  Thanks for the proposition. Will pass it on to the concerned team ::)

Cheers!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation