Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-03-2022 09:43 AM
Hello I need some help. I am receiving a instant ink cartridge error “cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant ink” I have had the printer over a year And I have been enrolled in HP instant ink the entire time. I had to do a reset on the printer so now it thinks it is getting the set up cartridges and it is not. How can I fix this? Also, my machine will not communicate with my Internet so that it can update please help, thank you!
08-22-2022 12:29 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are getting an error message "cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP instant ink” on your HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.
I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.
In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.
For connectivity issues try the below steps:
Try the below suggestions -
Restart the computer, printer, and router
- To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.
- NOTE: The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.
- Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
- Turn off the printer.
- Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
- If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Let's disable webservices and re-enable it
- --->Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
- --->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
- ---> click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it
- If the issue persists,continue to the next step.
Check the Internet proxy server settings
- For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.
- Locate the Internet proxy settings.
- Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.
The network settings menu displays with the proxy settings.
From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.
- Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
Update the printer firmware
- HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.
- Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee