Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I currently am a instant ink user and have been for years. I still use a printer that isnt even eligible for warranties, repairs, etc. 

I just now seen this platinum instant ink so i immediately tried to take advantage because im also currerntly in final process of getting a home based business started as an extra income. 

I couldn't find any option within anywhere of my instant ink account regarding upgrading or even mention of it. I planned on creating a new instant ink account later on for my business and would cancel this one but i went ahead and created it after initiating instant ink platinum on the hp site. No issues creating account, i get through all the steps given on starting instant ink platinum, hit sumbit and it keeps saying "failed to submit request. So wondering if i can get answers for both variations i spoke of. 1 being if there is an option to upgrade current instant ink account to platinum how do i do so.

The next would be what it the issue regarding trying to start on my newly created account. Could it be a payment related error for example, do i need a particular amount of money on my account? It says my card wont be charged upon submitting for platinum service but getting down to fine print stuff, is there a pre authorization type request its using when accepting my payment method, if so what amount needs to be in there so it comes back as i have enough money to cover the service and included printer. I can easily make my debit reflect having any particular amount its looking to see. 

Then if not what else could it even be ? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Benash4112 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are having issues instant ink account, and I am glad to assist you.

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ive been trying for a whole month to switch from instant ink to platinum instant ink plan and came on here asking for help. Was told to contact instant ink by phone. So i have 3 different times, ive been told use a different browswer, different card, different account.  Ive tried 3 different browsers, 2 different cards, created other accounts, used different emails and it does same thing no matter what i do, i enter all the enrollment info hit submit and it just sits there with the loading symbol and doesnt change.  This is ridiculous, every time i call i get absolutely nowhere with support just told the same things over and over. How do i file a complaint, im over it. I been a long time customer and instant ink customer, my printer quit because its really old and im a low income father of 4 so i cant run out and buy a printer. This platinum subscription sounded like i would be able to keep my subscription and keep up with what i need to print but of  course its always something with hp and support usually never ends up doing right by me when i have issues. Want to file formal complaint. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Benash4112,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

To fix this issue, you will need additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.