Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So I haven't received ink cartridges for ages. Got new Internet had to reconnect everything and it has a message saying that my ink cartridges are not hp and I won't receive any more cartridges until I've replaced them. 

But they are hp ink cartridges, I had a spare colour so just replaced it but no spare for the black. 

That also means I've been paying for instant ink for about a year and it hasn't sent me a thing!!!! 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Keb874 

Hello,

In order to solve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. If your printer is not enrolled, go to HP Instant Ink and click Sign Up Now to be guided through set up.
  2. If your printer is enrolled, make sure web services is enabled on your printer. For help, go to Turn On Web Services.
  3. If the error persists and your printer uses two ink cartridges, reset your printer.
    1. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and set them aside.
    2. Unplug the printer.
    3. Wait 30 seconds.
    4. Plug the printer back in.
    5. Reinstall the ink cartridges.

Then, please follow the instructions of the HP link Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

If the issue persists, please contact HP Instant Ink support.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.