Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-10-2022 05:59 AM - last edited on 12-10-2022 12:36 PM by RodrigoB
My 8610e is no longer supported by hp. It will not connect to internet even though connected to Wi-Fi. I have tried all the suggestions to make it work. Can I connect it by Ethernet a couple times a month so it can provide them with a sync to keep my instant ink cartridges working.
12-15-2022 05:13 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are unable to connect the printer to the Instant ink account, I am glad to assist you.
If you are able to print from your computer through a WiFi connection and are unable to connect to an Instant ink account, follow these steps to fix the issue:-
Turn On Web Services
- Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.
- NOTE: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.
- If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
- If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
- On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
- If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
- If a summary screen displays, Web Services is already on.
- If a prompt to turn on Web Services or set up HP ePrint displays, follow the prompts to turn it on or set it up.
- If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.
Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee