Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Hi, my son gave me his hp 4520  all in ine printer when he moved out, it was in its original box,i restored to factory default and reregistered, verified email ect  ..  im trying to start an instant ink subscription but its telling me its not eligible when it is ? If anyone could advise it would be much appreciated,thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @annr61,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand that you're having trouble setting up an Instant Ink subscription for your HP 4520 all-in-one printer, even though it should be eligible. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue.

• Check Eligibility: Make sure your printer is indeed eligible for the Instant Ink program. You can check this by visiting the HP Instant Ink website and using their eligibility tool.
  • Ensure a Stable Internet Connection: A stable internet connection is necessary for the registration process. Ensure that your printer is connected to the internet, and there are no connectivity issues.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Sometimes, updating your printer's firmware can resolve compatibility issues. Check if there's a firmware update available for your HP 4520 printer, and if so, update it.
  • Reboot the Printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a minute, and then plug it back in and turn it on. This can help resolve many minor issues.
  • Verify Email and Account Information: Double-check that the email address you used for registration is correct and that your account information is up to date. Sometimes, a small mistake in email or account information can cause issues.
  • Check for Previous Registrations: Ensure that the printer hasn't been registered with another account previously. If it has, you may need to remove it from that account before registering it again.
  • Verify the Ink Cartridges: Make sure you're using genuine HP ink cartridges in your printer. Non-HP cartridges may cause compatibility issues.
  • Privacy and Security Settings: Ensure that there are no privacy or security settings in your email or on your printer that could be blocking the registration or subscription process.
  • Reset to Factory Defaults: If you've tried everything else and are still having issues, you might consider resetting the printer to factory defaults again and then re-registering it. Sometimes, this can help resolve underlying issues.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I have restored to factory default, registered again with different email, still saying its not eligible, contacted hp threw whatsapp and a waste if a good printer, he told me i could buy another printer at a discount price as long as it was within 3 months ? I was told id receive an email within a couple of days which it still hasnt arrived ?  ,order ink  ?? When i complained that i cant use the printer Was told the usual blah blah.. i only want to order ink, im 62 and dont want to buy another printer, i know, nobody can help me apart from buying another printer but wondering, why does it take 5/7 days to recieve  1 email ? Electronic mail ... 

HP Recommended

Hi @annr61,

Thank you for your response,

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi, thx for replying, i have already contacted support, i keep getting told the same thing, its no eligible yet ive done everything ive been advised to do , factory rest, unregister, eveything possible .. so dissappointed that I may need to bin this printer, ill put it in its original packaging first, someone may think theyve found something good 🤨🤨

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.