cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
radmanbobbin
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Instrant ink shipment delayed - Free months

HP Recommended
HP Envy 5010

Hi,

I have an HP ENVY 5010 All-in-One Printer and I received an email a few days ago telling me that my ink shipment is delayed because...

"This is because our Instant Ink manufacturing site for HP 304 Original Cartridges (the ones compatible with your printer) has been temporarily closed by local authorities to prevent the spread of COVID-19."

It goes on to say that I will not be charged for instant ink for three months because of this delay. However, at the moment I am still within the promotional free ink period that came with the printer, so I don't pay anything per month. The instant ink website does not show an increased number of free months though.

Also, as I am now out of ink I was wondering if I could purchase ink locally and use it in the printer? Are there any problems with doing this, will the pages I print with my own ink count towards my instant ink total?

Thanks

Adam.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
BDK81
Level 2
25 23 0 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can absolutely install regular or XL cartridges and use them. They wont count towards your pages spent. When they are empty, you can install your fresh instant ink cartridges again and continue as before.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation