Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-25-2022 09:03 AM
How can I fix an error message that my HP Instant Ink account cannot sync with my laptop even though they are on the same WiFi? It is not allowing me to print until I get the "error" fixed. It is not syncing on my HP Instant Ink account. I have it in my classroom and it syncs to the SAME WiFi that my laptop is on. It would never get recognized by my HP Instant Ink account. So I lugged it home over the holdays hoping on my home WiFi it would sync. NOPE! It is still not syncing even on my home WiFi. This is the error message it gives, "Unable to connect to the printer. Check your connection and try again later." I try later and still nothing. I was able to add it via my phone, but it still won't synch and gives the same error message. I so frustrated!!
11-28-2022 07:49 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I am glad to assist you to fix the web service connection error on your printer.
Meanwhile, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Turn On Web Services
- Make sure the printer is connected to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active internet connection.
- NOTE: If you connect your printer to a computer with a USB cable, web-connected printing services do not work.
- If your printer is connected with a wired (Ethernet) connection, check the cable and the lights on the printer’s Ethernet port. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink when the cable is connected.
- If your printer is connected with a wireless connection, make sure the wireless feature is on and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. If the printer has a blue light, and the light is on and not blinking, your printer is connected.
- On your control panel, press the HP ePrint icon.
- If your control panel does not have an HP ePrint icon, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu.
- If a summary screen displays, Web Services is already on.
- If a prompt to turn on Web Services or set up HP ePrint displays, follow the prompts to turn it on or set it up.
- If you are prompted to update the firmware, press OK.
Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee