EFLYNN
Level 1
16 6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer will not connect to HP Instant Ink

Hello

I have recently changed from a windows 7 computer to a more modern windows 10 computer.

The windows 7 computer had a HP Instant ink account and my printer connected to the internet via Web -Direct which worked very well.

Unfortunately I missed the following email which stated that my printer was not connected to the internet  and would stop printing soon.

Re:

Printer model: ENVY Photo 6200 All-in-One Printer series

Printer email: [edit]

EFLYNN_1-1579601585304.pngDear John Winney,

"You might be away from your printer or just on vacation, and that is ok. This email is to check just in case you were not aware your printer is not connected to the Internet.

To ensure that your HP Instant Ink service continues without interruption, please connect your printer to the Internet, so we know when to send you more ink. HP Instant Ink cartridges will not work with your printer if it is not connected to the Internet.

To connect your printer to the Internet, press the wireless icon on your front printer panel and follow the instructions.

Or, for more help visit our Wireless Printing Center or call 0207 660 6027 so we can help.

To view your HP Instant Ink account, visit hpinstantink.co.uk and sign in.

Thank you for being an HP Instant Ink customer.

I obviously want my printer reconnected and I need your help on this matter.

Things to note :-

1. HP instant Ink account states that my printer is enrolled and online.
  2. My printer displays “cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink”
  3. The printer email address displayed in the printer control panel is different to one in the email above.

Regards

John Winney

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,570 6,563 430 530
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer will not connect to HP Instant Ink

Hi @EFLYNN

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Check if the printer is connected to the wireless network.

On the printer screen, tap on the wireless icon at the bottom of the screen to see the wireless details. The blue wireless light should be steady.

Restart the wireless router and the printer.

Have you checked your HP Instant Ink account page? Your Instant Ink account page will have notifications if there are any issues with the account or recent cartridge shipment, it will even provide solutions on how to fix the issue. You may log in to your HP Instant Ink account page from here.

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation