Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-21-2022 08:43 AM - last edited on 10-21-2022 12:22 PM by MayS
Hello, I moved from the UK to the USA and cannot switch my instant ink account to my new country. I have tried updating my contact and address details but cannot switch countries. I read in a similar post that my instant ink account would have first to be canceled and then sign up again, but there is no option to cancel my account on the website.
11-04-2022 02:50 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
* To change the country/region for a printer in Instant Ink, add the printer to a different HP account in the desired country/region.
* Cancel the original Instant Ink account to prevent continued billing. Enrolling the printer in a new account does not automatically delete the old account.
Step 1: Cancel your HP instant ink account for the old country.
Please follow the steps listed below to cancel your HP instant ink account:
1. Go to http://hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.
Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.
2. In the Status area of your HP Instant Ink account page, a printer drop-down menu is available when there are multiple printers enrolled. Click the drop-down menu, and then select the printer you want to cancel.
3. Check the Print History or the ePrint address of the printer to confirm you have selected the correct printer.
4. In the My Account area, click Change Plan.
5. Click Cancel Enrollment.
6. Click Next, and then Cancel Enrollment to confirm your cancellation request.
You receive an email confirmation of the cancellation. The cancellation finalizes at the end of the current billing cycle when the final charge processes successfully.
You will not be able to print using the HP instant ink cartridges after the billing cycle ends.
You can refer to this document for reference: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03767641
Step 2: Enroll to instant ink in the new country with a different email address.
Please follow the steps listed below to enroll the printer to instant ink:
1. Sign in to your HP Instant Ink account: https://instantink.hpconnected.com/subscriptions and click on the sign-in option.
2. In the Status area of your HP Instant Ink account page, click Enroll
3. Choose one of the available plans other than the 15-page plan.
4. Click Add Printer. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to HP Instant Ink.
5. If the printer appears but is listed as offline, make sure it is connected and online, and then click Try again.
6. On the Shipping page, enter the address which you would like HP to ship your Instant Ink cartridges to, then click Save & Continue.
7. On the Billing Information page, enter a prepaid key or your payment card information, and then click Continue.
8. On the Submit Order page, review your information, type a Special Offers key if you have one, check the box to agree to the Terms of Service, and then click Enroll.
You may also refer to this HP document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03767639
Let me know if this helps.
Take care and have a nice day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!