Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-26-2022 10:49 AM - last edited on 08-29-2022 07:39 AM by JessikaV
I was passed down an HPEnvy Pro 6455. I cannot print due to the current cartridge formally being part of Insta Ink.
I went through the steps to sign up for Insta Ink but can not pass the networking configuration # page because my printer won’t print it. The only page that prints is the Printer Information Page.
It states to hold down the information button for three seconds until all lights are lit and then press the resume button.
The issue is that when I hold the information button down, all the lights do not light up. I’ve tried to hold it down for longer than 3 seconds and nothing. When I let go of the information button, only the X lights up and a printer information page prints out.
In addition, error code EO is continuously flashing.
the printer in connected to the wifi as well.
what do I need to do I order to fix this issue?
I want to sign up for insta ink but cannot do so without printing a network configuration page.
It seems impossible to speak to a live agent.
I tried to speak to a live agent but the warranty experience a few months ago so I am unable to do so!
PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Thank you
08-29-2022 09:10 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are getting an error message E0 on your HP ENVY Pro 6455 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
An E0 error indicates an unusable cartridge: This occurs when one or both ink cartridges need attention. Reseat both cartridges, clean the ink cartridge contacts, restart the printer, and replace one or both ink cartridges if necessary.
To assist better:
- Are you able to make a copy from the printer?
- Do you have any extra inks?
While you respond to that, Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Let's disable webservices and re-enable it
- Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
- Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
- click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it
- Now try to print the configuration page and check
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee