Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
F1J03A #B1H
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Back in Jan-2018 i bought my sister a small HP printer and signed her up for Instant Ink. I found out today that the printer never informed her it was low and never automatically shipped her any cartridges. Without telling me, she started buying cartridges at Staples instead. But HP kept charging her $5.37 every month for 2.5 years!

I don't understand why the system failed her so badly. I had her cancel her subscription.

I thought Instant Ink would be a good solution for someone over 70 years old, but it turned out it only took advantage of her. Completely. I tried to email this concern to HP customer support and I discovered that HP doesn't provide any way to do that, they only want you to call. As an HP retiree, I find this a complete fail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mjlee22, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mjlee22, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TEJ1602 and I had a lengthy private message exchange about this issue. He/she ended up sending my sister some replacement cartridges, however, this doesn't really help the frustration because her Instant Ink subscription plan ends tomorrow. And if she installs these new cartridges, they won't work without an active plan.

I appreciated TEJ1602's efforts to help on behalf of HP, even if they fell short.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.