Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-08-2022 09:25 AM - last edited on 08-08-2022 09:52 AM by MarcusC
Just received new cartridges today for my printer - they are slightly bigger than normal but an email said this would be the case.
Put them in and get error 'Indicated cartridges are not communicating with the printer....etc".
I have used the virtual assistant and gone through all troubleshooting - but still not working. Also checked firmware version and it's up to date. I have been trying to ring the London support line - but the line is dead.
If I put the old cartidges back in - they work fine - so assume they must be faulty cartridges.
How do I get some support - or order new cartridges?
08-27-2022 01:47 PM - edited 08-27-2022 01:48 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an Instant Ink Ink cartridge issue with your HP ENVY 5032 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Try the below suggestions -
Restart the computer, printer, and router
- To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.
- The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.
- Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
- Turn off the printer.
- Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
- If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Let's disable web services and re-enable it
--->Touch the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer and take down the IP address
--->Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
---> click on web services and remove web services and re-enable it
If the issue persists,
Check the Internet proxy server settings
- For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.
- Locate the Internet proxy settings.
- Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.
The network settings menu displays the proxy settings.
From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.
- Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
Update the printer firmware
- HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.
- Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee