Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenny2410
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Non-HP Instant Ink Cartridge- No ink delivery!

HP ENVY PHOTO 6230
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have been enrolled in HP instant ink for a while. A couple weeks back I get cartridge error messages: Remove and Reinstall Ink Cartridge, first for black. I search online what to do, follow all steps (clean it, let it dry, reinstall the software, updates, reset the printer, reset laptop etc). Nothing works. And not getting any ink delivery notifications, because the cartridge can't be read. I try printing just with the color cartridge, same exact thing happens. No matter whether I leave both cartridges in, or remove one - I cannot print and no new cartridges will be delivered. This is now becoming the bane of my existence. HP customer service is only available during office hours, when I am too busy to call. 

Because I have to print lots urgently- I have no choice but to order HP cartridges online. I cancel HP instant ink, but then immediately re-subscribe (few minutes later) knowing I will want to use it again. So now I can print again. Next day my ink is running low already. BUT in my Instant Ink account I get errors: "Non-HP Instant Ink Cartridge installed, so new delivery date cannot be determined, because your ink supply is unknown. You will be charged regardless for your Instant Ink plan, until Instant Ink Cartridges are installed". This is when I start to lose my mind steadily. HOW am I supposed to surpass this Catch-22...? 

Why is there no option in the account to just say: Overrule - send me Instant Ink cartridges. I would pay an extra fee even; all I want is to print - "instantly" - ironically. 

Can someone please help out -- thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,625 5,610 413 450
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jenny2410, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jenny2410
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Today I was finally able to reach HP support by phone. I explained thoroughly how frustrating my experience has been with Instant Ink's inability to read cartridges -- and how impossible it is to get new ones delivered. They offered to send me my cartridges with "express" delivery (3-4 days)...

But now when I check my account again - it STILL says there is no ink delivery planned because..... (see my last message). So I have no confirmation the cartridges are actually on the way... SO frustrating.

I'll wait it out and if nothing arrives within 4 days, I will contact you via message.

Regards

0 Kudos
jenny2410
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Also, please do me a HUGE favor and tell me how I can stop receiving emails from HP about some dumb badge I have earned. I went up 3 ranks, just by posting a plea for help on how to simply get my printer to print. 

I really don't want your badges about me being an Engaging Rocket -- all I want is your cartridges.....

Kthanks!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,625 5,610 413 450
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jenny2410

Thanks for replying!

I will wait for your response on the ink cartridge status. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Meanwhile, to turn off the notifications follow the screenshots below-

Log in to your HP Support Community page > on the right-hand side, tap on your name > select My settings

On the next page, select subscription and notifications > Notification Settings

Scroll down the page to turn off the notifications.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Marty30
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the Instant Ink Plan for my HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.  Yesterday the printer gave me the message to "Replace empty cartridges or press OK to use Black cartridge only."  The problem is, the Instant Ink Plan has not yet sent me the necessary replacement color ink cartridges (so I am now printing in black ink only).  Please send the replacement color ink cartridges ASAP.  Thank you, Marty30

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,625 5,610 413 450
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Marty30, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation