Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710 All-In-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer worked great.

Enrolled in Instant Ink.

Ran out of Black Ink, but had received Instant Ink Cartridges.

Installed Black Instant Ink Cartridge. Did not install other cartridges.

Could no longer print until I installed all Instant Ink Cartridges, which I did.

Cannot print with Instant Ink or without.

I have put old cartridges back in  - NO Print.

Installed all Instant Ink Cartridges - NO Print.

Uninstalled all HP Printers (2) and re-installed - NO Print

I have worked with my computer and no printer attached for over 2 months

I have chatted with 3 different folks in HP Chat Room and after no help, they all disconnect after about 15 min, advising that my router and my system are weak and need to be replaced. My router and system worked very will prior to Instant Ink. What happened???  Sounds to me as if they have no answer and it is their way out of the situation.

Purchased new router and had system checked - all OK

I just tried to re-install the 8710 to no avail - still NO Print.

I am about at the end of my rope.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, but keep it simple.

Thank you.

Bruce Holmes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @825Medic

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @825Medic

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went back into the HP  Help area and discovered a newer version of the HP Scan and Print Doctor. In its description, it said it was a new version and would help, I believe with Windows 10 and my HP Officejet Pro 8710 all in one. I have been working with this issue of not printing since October of 2019. It is now April, 2020. I do not remember all of the solutions I have tried to no avail, but it now prints. Thank you very much, Asmita6658 for guiding me in the correct direction, finally.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.