09-23-2019 02:39 PM
I have a OfficeJet 6962 printer. Today it stopped printing multiple copies. Prior to this morning it printed multiples just fine. Today I attempted to print multiple copies of several documents, and nothing printed. The printer beeped like it was going to print, the print screen flashed briefly, and then nothing. Nothing printed. If I print one copie, no problem. This is a new phenomenon. I have looked at forums for other printers and attempted to follow instructions there, however, in the device settings, the only thing that shows up in Installable Options is the Automatic Duplexing Unit. There is Mopier setting as appears to be a common issue for other HP printers. I also use HP Instant Ink, and all the disappeared print jobs appear to be registering there, even though nothing is printing.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-26-2019 08:49 AM - edited 09-26-2019 08:50 AM
@nplawyer, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Which application are you trying to print from?
Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
As the printer is related to Instant ink, I need more information to help you out.
Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.
I am sending you a private message with the information required.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
09-29-2019 07:22 AM
Thank you for the response. Did you try re-installing the print driver as suggested in my previous post?
If you have tried it and the issue persists, use Windows built-in drivers that may resolve this issue.
Refer to the steps mentioned in this document.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee