Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-14-2022 12:44 PM - last edited on 12-14-2022 12:54 PM by RodrigoB
I bought 8210 printer from amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HSADJIO?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) which says I should have 4 months free trial on instant ink but when I enroll, I only receive 3 month (by entering the serial number in hp account adding printer product).
Another issue is that the printer cannot go to sleep. I set the sleep time to 5 minutes. When it goes to sleep, the screen turns off but immediately recovers.
12-18-2022 05:21 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a sleep mode issue with your HP OfficeJet Pro 8210 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please refer to this document: HP Printers - What is Sleep Mode?
I hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee