Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-06-2022 03:35 PM - last edited on 09-07-2022 10:14 AM by Ric_ob
I am in the HP Instant Ink program and i received a message that i will be blocked from printing because my printer is not connected to the internet. I’m not sure why mt printer would not be connected to the internet. I am able to print to it from my iphone, ipad and desktop computer through the wireless connection. And i have gone in and connected the printer to the network multiple times. Can anyone give me some suggestions please. I am using an HP Office Jet 8610.
09-07-2022 10:02 AM
I am getting the same message. It says that the printer cannot connect to the server. I'm thinking that it means to the HP server. I was going to sign up for the printer ink program, but I need the printer's e-mail address. I can't get it without it connecting to the "network". The HP site says that my printer is out of warranty and if I ask for support, it says that the service is not available. I think that HP is doing this to force us to buy a new printer. My printer functions just fine for what I need it for, so there is no need. What I might do is buy an Laserjet (not HP) because I don't need color ink and Inkjet use is so expensive. I did buy one before our current printer, but my husband took it back to buy another Inkjet.
09-11-2022 01:39 PM - edited 09-11-2022 01:40 PM
I'd like to help!
To assist better:
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Do you have a dual-band router?
- If you have a dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
While you respond to that let's try the below suggestions:
Restart the computer, printer, and router
- To resolve many connectivity issues, restart the computer, printer, and router.
- NOTE: The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections, and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before you continue.
- Turn off the router by pressing the power button or disconnecting the power cord.
- Turn off the printer.
- Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.
- Press the power button or reconnect the power cord to the router, and then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.
- Turn on the printer.
- Turn on the computer.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
- If the issue persists, continue to the next step.
Let's disable webservices and re-enable it
- Touch on the wifi icon ((i)) on the printer, and take down the IP address
- Open a web browser (ex Chrome or Mozilla) and type in the printer's IP
- click on webservices and remove webservices and re-enable it
- If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Check the Internet proxy server settings
- For networks that use proxy servers, update the Web Services settings in the printer EWS with the proxy information.
- Locate the Internet proxy settings.
- Windows: Search Windows for Internet, and then click Internet Options in the list of results. On the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab, select your network, if necessary, and then click Settings.
The network settings menu displays with the proxy settings.
From the EWS, click the Web Services tab, and then click Proxy Settings.
- Type the Address and Port values for your proxy server connection, and then click Apply.
- Try to turn on Web Services.
Update the printer firmware
- HP regularly releases printer updates. Updating the printer firmware might resolve the issue.
- Refer -- HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee