Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5032
Unknown

please help! I have registered for instant ink and had my first lot delivered... put the new cartridges in and it says cartridge cannot be used until printer is registered and it is!! !help what do I do!!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

please help! I have registered for instant ink and had my first lot delivered... put the new cartridges in and it says cartridge cannot be used until printer is registered and it is!! !help what do I do!!!

HP Recommended

Hey there! @RoyalOak

Have you checked if the printer is online and connected to the internet?

Are you trying to use the old HP Instant ink cartridges on this new printer? Is so, then it might not work.

Please try connecting the printer to the network.

You will need to either enroll in Instant Ink or buy regular HP cartridges to resume printing.
If you see this message when you ARE enrolled, then there may be a problem with the cartridge or with the printer enrollment. 
Go to Instantink.com and click the link to Sign In, which is located at the top right of the page, or under the 3 horizontal lines if you are on a mobile device.  
If you are able to log in, then you do have an account. 
Click the Printer Details link under the printer name to check the serial number of the enrolled printer and make sure it matches the printer you are using. 

Refer this article to know more information about instant ink enrollment. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.