Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5646
Unknown

I cancelled my Instant Ink account after numerous problems and the printer eventually being blocked from printing by HP. I installed normal retail ink cartridges and performed a full factory reset.

Despite the reset, the printer continues to display a message instructing me to connect to HP whenever it receives a print job, and will not commence the job until I acknowledge the message.

Does anyone know how to stop this message appearing, or is it there forever once you have been signed up?

Any  suggestions gratefully received...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AwalChar, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You can turn off Web Services from the printer control panel or the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

1. If the error persists and your printer uses two ink cartridges, reset your printer.

1. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer and set them aside.

2. Unplug the printer.

3. Wait 30 seconds.

4. Plug the printer back in.

5. Reinstall the ink cartridges.

2. If the error persists, contact HP Instant Ink support.

1. Go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

2. Click Contact HP Support in the Help Center area of the account page.

3. Select Chat Now or Get Phone Number (Chat is not available in all countries).

4. Fill in the form, and then click Chat Now or Submit.

5. For phone support, call the number displayed and be prepared to provide the case number that is displayed on the contact page.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

Neither suggestion worked - the message remains whenever a print job is sent.

With greatest respect, I don't propose to waste any more time trying to resolve this. Customer Support were unable to resolve the issues that led to my cancelling Instant Ink, so I don't believe for a moment they will be able to rid the printer of this persistent erroneous message.

I'll just manually clear the message whenever I print something.

Please don't bother to reply any further. 

HP Recommended

@AwalChar

Do reach us back if you need any further assistance.

Thank you 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.