Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lisa995
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer says cartridge not installed in instant ink and can't escape that screen

HP Envy 4527

Hi I've been enrolled in instant ink for over a year.  My printer recently seemed to reset itself and I had to reset the country etc.  Since then when I turn it on the screen reads 'Cartridges cannot be used until enrolled in HP instant ink'.  The blue light is flashing when I assume means it's not connected to the wifi which is causing the problem.  However, I cannot escape this screen to get into the other menus to reset the wifi.  Pressing the X doesn't work, restarting doesn't work.  I don't have a cable to connect directly to the computer, so am at a loss about what to do.  Of course the printer has just gone out of warranty.  Very grateful for any suggestions.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Coeus
Level 2
24 23 1 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer says cartridge not installed in instant ink and can't escape that screen

Hi.

maybe what you can do is first. try to remove the cartridges and close the lid.

check if you can minimize the message then do the wireless setup 

following this document, just the step 2

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/model/11534751/d...

then enable the web services on the printer, bottom left icon (first icon)

once it's enabled then re install the cartridge then visit your instant ink website to see if you are connected.

or if you want you can call the instant ink support for assistance since if you are subscribed then i think they can help you.

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/

thanks.

0 Kudos
Lisa995
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks for taking the time to respond.  Unfortunately I have removed the cartridges and reinserted a few times, but I still can't escape the screen that says the printer needs to be enrolled.  I have not been able to find an easy way to contact instant ink, there is no help option that I could see in my account with them.  I'm probably missing something - do you know how I can contact them directly?

0 Kudos
Coeus
Level 2
24 23 1 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Lisa.

if those troubleshooting fails and you cannot bypass the message, you can click on the link below and login first on your account, using your registered email address.

first thing they will ask is either your account number or email address registered with the system

contact number of instant ink

1-855-785-2777

or you can click this for virtual chat agent

https://instantink.hpconnected.com/chat_window?launch=landing_page&width=1903

thanks.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation