Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8035e
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer is connected to the internet and will print but every time before it prints I get an error message that I have to reconnect to the internet so that the printer can automatically order replacement cartridges.

I've restarted everything and still the same message.

Thanks, Marcy

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@Marcy09

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's restore the network settings on the printer:

To restore the printer to the original network settings 1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ). 2. Touch Network Setup. 3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored. 4. Touch Yes.

Once done, connect the Printer to the Wi-Fi.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and this suggested fix does not work.

HP Recommended

@xtma16x

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand that your experiencing an internet connectivity issue with the HP printer. To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• What seems to be the exact issue with your HP Product today?  
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your printer prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue: when I go to print I get the error message:

"Reconnect the printer to the internet so that the printer can automatically order replacement cartridges"

I click ok to the message, I then navigate to  the network settings on the printer screen and print a WIFI network test: The results of the test indicates it is indeed connected - see attached.

I've reset the network settings, tried connecting via ethernet, but always get the same error 

Any ideas?

Thanks

any ideas?Wifi test.jpgIMG_1894.jpg

HP Recommended

i am having the same problem as others on this forum, my printer worked fine in june, and in july, but once i came back from vacation by august 8th, ive had this error come up "reconnect the printer to the internet so that the printer can automaticall order replacement catridges." ive used scan doctor it tells me no problems detected, i have downloaded the latest hp smart onto my device, i have rested my network on the printer itself and reconnected, i have rebooted my router, i have unplugged my printer from the wall, and plugged it back in. it have to be drive error on hps part and or windows 10 update as well or both. once i click ok, the printer will print, but this defeats the purpose of having wireless printing, i dont want to sit next to my printer each time i have to print, if thats the case then im better off having a desktop connected by ethernet cable. 

HP Recommended

@RYAN @cbfour246

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's perform a network restore to the original network settings in order to isolate printer connectivity issues. 

• 1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).
  • 2. Touch Network Setup.
  • 3. Touch Restore Network Settings. A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored. 
  • 4. Touch Yes. Once done, connect the printer to the Wi-Fi.

And, also refer to the article: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2026537-1681507-16 HP printer is offline or not responding. By the end of the article, you will be able to isolate the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you

I did a network restore and reconnected the printer to wifi but the error remains - When I attempt to print I get an error suggesting "connection error" and that I need to reconnections the printer to the internet so it can order ink - If I select "ok" printing proceeds.

I then ran a wifi network test and printed there results are identical to the the test result I posted above.

I then followed the link yo provided, downloaded the HP smart app for Mac - "Fix and diagnose" indicated there were no issues found.

I tried connecting via ethernet directly to my router - same error

I removed and re added the printer as suggested - same error

I set a manual IP address for the printer - same error

any other ideas?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@RYAN

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ryan,

I am having the same issues and have tried every solution that you did.  I'm still receiving the same message.  Did you ever resolve your issue? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.