cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
columbia93
Level 2
25 16 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Printer shows message that Instant Ink was canceled. I didn't cancel it.

HP Recommended
HP 5260
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a new printer that comes with 2 years of Instant Ink. I signed up on April 1st. I printed 7 documents over the next 3 days. I didn't print anything for the next 2 days. I printed today. Except now I'm getting a message on my printer that my Instant Ink has been canceled but I'm free to finish out the cartridges installed.

That is unacceptable. 

I purchased this computer at $100 more than the discontinued model that is exactly like this one except it isn't Instant Ink compatible. If this is the way HP is going to do business, I need to know this so I can return the printer (although it will be difficult as I'm a senior and self-quarantined).

Just so you know, my account shows active. I want my account fixed so that it is up-to-date AND I want the error on my printer to reflect that I will be receiving the 2 years of free ink that I'm entitled to.

2 REPLIES 2
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,559 1,554
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@columbia93, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
columbia93
Author
Level 2
25 16 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So, I went to Private Message and was pretty much ignored. Finally, today, the 13th, I got a message that I wasn't talking to the right people - even though this is coming from an Instant Ink Forum - and that I need to chat with someone else.

Please tell me why it took 3 days for you people to tell me this? This is a paid service we're talking about and it is time-sensitive so why isn't HP doing more to move this along?

Anyway, I did the "chat" with the people and ended up disconnecting from both of the guys (from India). They wouldn't listen to me. In fact, after telling me they were my friend (what a stupid thing to teach them to say), they then both told me separately that they need to talk first. No lie. Apparently they aren't the least bit interested in the facts. When I explained that my account isn't valid anymore, they told me it was fine. They insisted repeatedly, actually, which in no way means they were working toward fixing something that absolute is not fine.

I have a printer that is telling me I'm not enrolled. When I first got that message, I still had an account and could look it up and see that it should be fine, even though it obviously isn't and needs to be fixed. But a few days later and I no longer can see my Instant Ink Account. As a matter of fact, while I can sign in, the ONLY options I have are to "Sign up" in the Instant Ink program. THAT is not okay by any standards.

What is the point of this forum? What is the point of Direct Message if it means just a way to keep me quiet and NOT respond on the forums? And what's the point of "chat" if the people on the other end fail to comprehend and think they are the ones who need to talk first?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation