07-24-2019 04:09 AM
I need to change a cartridge and the the printer asks to connect, when I do it is stuck on "connecting", so the information for replacing the cartridge won't be received. I have rebooted everything, the printer is connected via a strong wifi signal, it has worked previously.
07-26-2019 09:00 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
If the issue still persists, try a network restore -
Step 1 Network Restore -
On the printer's control panel -
1) Touch the "Wireless icon".
2) Touch the "Settings" icon.
3) Select "Restore Network Settings".
4) Select "Yes".
Step 2 Reboot the devices -
1) Turn off the Router, Printer, and the computer.
2) Wait for 60 seconds.
3) Turn on the Router first and wait for all the lights to stabilize.
4) Turn on the printer and allow it to configure itself.
5) Turn on the computer.
Step 3 Run Wireless Wizard -
On the printer's control panel, go to the Network menu or touch the wireless icon and then go to settings. Select Wireless Setup Wizard.
Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.
Let me know.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee