Freckles828
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing Alignment

Envy 5542
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a printing problem I have been unable to solve for weeks. Unless I am printing an attachment from an email, everything prints shifted up and to the left. This includes printing from websites, Adobe files, Word files, Powerpoint files, etc. I have purchased files that print this way, as well as created documents myself that print the same.  I have wasted so much time and  paper, and have tried every troubleshooting technique I can find to no avail. I need help fixing this so I can prepare my classroom for back to school! Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Level 14
11,592 11,587 785 1,445
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing Alignment

I’d suggest a clean install to try and fix the HP driver issue. 
First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
Go to Control panel – Programs and Features – Select all the HP printer entries and uninstall them.
Go to Control panel – Devices and Printers – Select all the HP printer entries and remove the device.
Press the windows key + r to get the Run window open - type printui.exe /s 
Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any HP entry there as well.
Press the windows key + r to get the Run window open - type c:/programdata 
Go to HP folder, remove all HP printer related folders & files.
Restart your computer.
Install the HP driver.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer.
0 Kudos
Freckles828
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing Alignment

I have a question that may seem silly, but I'm technology challenged! Will deleting all of these items affect my HP Instant Ink account in any way?

0 Kudos
Level 14
11,592 11,587 785 1,445
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing Alignment

I have not heard of any problems.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation