Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended

Getting the GPS001 error code. My printer is connected to HP Smart app and says "Ready". Both my printer and computer & phone are connected to the same wifi. I have turned off and restarted EVERYTHING multiple times. I have been working on this for days!!! Anyone have any suggestions or answers. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @TLTC,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are looking for help with enrolling in Instant Ink service.

A) Please follow the steps below to perform a power drain.

1) Take out the cartridges

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not into a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

Remove the cartridges > Unplug the power cord > Wait for 30 seconds > Plug the power cord back in > Insert the cartridges

B) Kindly refer to the steps on this link to update the printer firmware and let me know if that resolves the issue.

C) Now refer to the steps on this link to enroll in instant ink again.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

That did not work. Followed the steps and firmware shows it's current.

But, here is some more info. If I sign on to my hpsmart acct on my laptop it shows that I am enrolled into Instant Ink. (payment is a ll set and ready to go) But, it says I do not have a printer connected to the acct. Every time I try it just won't recognize the printer.

BUT...the hpsmart app on my phone shows I AM connected to my printer and it says "ready". But, when I go to Instant Ink "get supplies" button, it takes me to an Instant Ink set up page with the "try it for free" button as if I'm not enrolled at all. 

If I choose the try for free button on the phone app, it says it cannot obtain printer details. But, still shows on the home page that the printer is connected and "ready"

I'm not sure what the disconnect is. I'm wondering if I need to close down my account and start over? 

Thank you for your time!

HP Recommended

Hi @TLTC,

Thank you for sharing the above information.

As the app says you are already enrolled in instant ink, to validate your instant ink subscription, we need some information related to instant ink account. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message to get this information. Please reply to this in a private message.

To access your private messages, click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Take care and have a good day.

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi @TLTC,

Thank you for sharing the above information but I was not able find any instant ink subscription with the serial number and email address shared.

That clearly shows that the printer is not enrolled in instant ink service and as you have already performed the above shared steps to enroll in the service which did not work.

The support here is limited to troubleshooting and this issue might require one-on-one interaction to assist you further.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.