cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
elixir0420
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Problem with Instant Ink cartridge for HP 4500 series printer

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4523

I was using my HP ENVY 4523 printer a few days ago, but when I turn it on yesterday an error message just suddenly appeared on the printer screen. I cannot print due to an error message saying "Incompatible cartridges - The indicated cartridges are not intended for use in this printer." The tricolor ink has an x mark but the black ink is okay. I have tried turning the printer on/off, cleaning/removing/returning the cartridge but it is still the same. I cannot even request a replacement ink because it says the issue needs to be resolved before HP can send me a new one. I didn't even change anything because it was working fine before. I couldn't **bleep** or speak to a virtual agent because I have work during the day and the support hotline closes at 6 pm. They don't even have email so I don't know how will I contact them. Can someone please help with what might be the problem?

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,964 22,932 1,657 1,970
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@elixir0420, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the color ink cartridge is not working. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

Make sure the ink cartridges are properly inserted in the printer, you may refer to - Replace HP inkjet printer cartridges

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Ink cartridge error

If the issue persists, please send me a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation